RE: Med. Procedure Disclosure

Sandy's comments on this issue are right on -  inform them if they want it.
It is my experience that 99% of the patients have no clue about radiation,
nor do they care.  They are doing exactly what we all do, following our
doctor's prescription.  If we carry Ruth's and Quang's idea to its logical
conclusion, then every x-ray type procedure should follow the same pattern
as the nuc med pattern.  Wow, there would be an awful lot of education
going on by people who need to spend their time diagnosing patients.  How
would you handle emergencies?

Fully informed consent is a nice "feel good" idea, but terribly impractical.

Larry Grimm
Lgrimm@admin.ucla.edu <mailto:Lgrimm@admin.ucla.edu>

Normal disclaimers.