RE: settlement - ludicrous!

>He said that informed consent was not what it
>is today.  Most of the time patients were told what was going to happen and
>why, but there was no documentation.  I really have a problem with dragging
>people through the mud, like Wright Langham has been recently, who were
>doing what they thought was necessary.

Amen and amen.  In Oak Ridge, we even had documentation of the informed
consent, were also dealing with terminal cancer patients, yet the media,
most notably 60 minutes, dragged a very fine physician of our town, Helen
Vodopik, through the mud, as they all did to Gene Saenger in Cincinnati.
This is criminal behavior, nothing less.

We did get a laugh out of them, however, when they asked us to duct tape
plastic over some open air ducts in our building near the total body
irradiator in case any stray radiation from the 40's was still floating
around.  You know, those photons can be resilient...

Michael Stabin
Departamento de Energia Nuclear/UFPE
Av. Prof. Luiz Freire, 1000 - Cidade Universitaria
CEP 50740 - 540
Recife - PE
Brazil
Phone 55-81-271-8251 or 8252 or 8253