MDA as a term

Because it is misleading, I have never liked the term "minimum detectable
activity" (excuse my grammer).  I would prefer a term such as "reliably
detectable activity" (RDA).  By definition, it seems to be a more accurate
statement.  I have seen this term used in Eberline technical manuals, although I
don't recall in what context.

In addition, because of the connotation that "MDA" implies, there have been
industry occurrences where it was inappropriately applied (i.e., mistaken as the
decision level).  These types of mistakes can come at a great expense, both to
the affected individual(s) and a program's pocketbook.

Rodney Bauman, CHP, RRPT
Weldon Spring Site
rodney_bauman@wssrap-host.wssrap.com