RE: $5.4M Radiation Case Settlement Ok'd

Hi All,

I couldn't help but jump in here.  I am the Dosimetry Supervisor here at
Diablo Canyon so I see most of the folks who "flunk" our portals here due to
medical uptakes.  Most of them are told by their Doctors, Nuc. Med Techs,
etc. that they are getting some radioactive material, however it is well
below anything we could detect at Diablo Canyon.  This is the comment that
troubles me.  No wonder the mis-perceptions are out there when
"knowledgeable" folks like MD's etc. get it so wrong.

I have one employee who is still alarming the portal monitors 2 months after
a thyroid ablation.  That is no surprise to me with initial activities in
the double digit millicuries of I-131, but it sure surprised the radiologist
when he found out.  From an education standpoint, I guess that's one down
and many to go.

Enjoy!!

Linda

Linda M. Sewell, CHP