RE: Transportation of General Licensed Instrument

You still need to offer it to the carrier in compliance with the US DOT
HazMat regs in 49 CFR. That means you still need to package, mark,
label, etc., as appropriate to your situation. I liked the advice about
trying to get the shipment to fit in the "small quantity" category in 49
CFR 173.4.

Bruce Bugg