REMINDER: Health Physics Society Summer School

Just a note to remind you that the application deadline for the 1999
Health Physics Society Summer School is rapidly approaching.  The topic
is "Decommissioning and Restoration of Nuclear Facilities."  The dates
are June 20-25 and the venue is Messiah College in Grantham, PA. The
application
deadline is May 21, 1999.  I will FAX an application to you on request or
else contact Chris Hilbert at HPS society headquarters(703) 790-1745.

Messiah College is about 2-3 miles south of the PA turnpike exit 17 and
about 8 miles south of Harrisburg.  Air access is to the Harrisburg
International
Airport in Middletown and there is an AMTRAK station in Harrisburg.
Harrisburg
is 2 hours by road or train from the Annual Meeting Site in Philadelphia.
Flight
time is about 30 minutes to the Philadelphia airport but, by the time you
get
into city, still 2 hours.

Mike Slobodien has assembled a great program which can seen on the net at:

www.dvsrs.org/annual/summer.htm

William P. Kirk, Ph.D, CHP
Acting Chief, Radiation Control Division
Bureau of Radiation Protection
PA Dept. of Environmental Protection
Phone: (717) 783-9730  FAX: (717)783-8965
email: kirk.william@dep.state.pa.us

All opinions expressed are my own and, albeit correct, may not be
universally
accepted or become agency policy.