Re: Lost source article

At 11:37 AM 5/12/99 -0500, you wrote:

>I recently read an article describing an incident in which a radiography =
>source was lost in transit.  if anyone has access to this article, =
>please forward a copy to AHP@ICUBED.COM  Thank You in advance, Todd

and then one answer by Allan_Wier@fpl.com

Contact the Palm Beach Post-->Lost radiography source was in the news in
February or March.

Palm Beach Post-->(800)432-7595
==============

Just a curiosity, how this can be happen and the press  and or group
(anti-nuke!!!!) does not take advantage of such situation?

What is the difficulty for Applied Health Physics, Inc, getting the
information in the NRC homepage or directly?

I got some information, only searching the WEB and  probably some will be
useful to know and to learn, below site and title

J. J. Rozental
josrozen@netmedia.net.il
Israel

=======
http://www.pipeline.com/~happen/lost.html#Boston

1) A $5000 reward is offered in Florida for finding a missing potentially deadly
radioactive camera 3/17/99

2) Deadly Iridium-192 lost and found by Federal Express 3/26/99

========
http://www.nrc.gov/NMSS/BPR/infonote/1979-85/in85057.htm

Daily Events Report

                    U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
                              Operations Center

                              Event Reports For
                           03/17/1999 - 03/18/1999

THE FLORIDA BUREAU OF RADIATION CONTROL REPORTED A STOLEN RADIOGRAPHY        |
| CAMERA.                                                                      |
|                                                                              |
| THE CAMERA (AEA TECHNOLOGY MODEL 66B) IS THE PROPERTY OF NDT & INSPECTIONS   |
| OF PEMBROKE PINES, FL.  IT CONTAINS 88.3 CURIES OF IRIDIUM-192.  IT WAS      |
| STOLEN FROM A TRAILER AT THE RADIOGRAPHER'S HOUSE IN PEMBROKE PINES, FL      |
| BETWEEN 0400 AND 0440 ON 03/17/99.  THE SOURCE SERIAL NUMBER IS C9062.  THE  |
| INDIVIDUALS THAT STOLE THE DEVICE ALSO HAVE THE KEYS FOR THE CAMERA.  THERE  |
| WILL BE A PRESS RELEASE BY BROWARD COUNTY.                                   |
|                                                                              |
| THE FLORIDA REPORT NUMBER IS FL99-039.                                       |
| CONTACT THE HOO FOR STATE TELEPHONE NUMBER.                                  |
| * * * UPDATE AT 1230 ON 03/17/99 BY STRANSKY * * *                           |
| THE NRC ENTERED THE MONITORING PHASE OF NORMAL RESPONSE MODE AT 1230 AS A    |
| RESULT OF THIS EVENT.  THE NRC OPERATIONS OFFICER NOTIFIED IRO (CONGEL),     |
| CHAIRMAN'S  OFFICE (WEBER), EDO (TSCHILTZ), OPA (LANDAU), AND OTHER FEDERAL  |
| AGENCIES (VIA FAX AND PHONE).

jjrozental