Re: Radiation Control Technician

Entry level RCT positions may be found at some of the national
laboratories.  Currently Los Alamos National Laboratory has open RCT
positions at the TEC 3 through TEC 6 level.  The entry level positions
assume no rad experience and the individual will be provided the necessary
training to qualify as an RCT.  The job openings may be found at
http://www.hr.lanl.gov/html/jobs/ .  The ad number for the TEC 3 position
is 994713.

 At 08:20 AM 5/14/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I concur with your assessment, but heres my 2 c....
>Get some training in computers, A+ cert or something. There is a better
>future there. Nuclear is a dying biz. Starting out as a rent-a-tech right
>now will be really tough, unless you have something to fall back on in the
>off season. It will take forever for you to make Senior, IF you can get
>work. Few if any companies hire folks with no experience or training. Even
>the new grads from UCF in Ocala are having a tough time. You can call BNI at
>1800-225-0385 and they will give you the scoop.
>
>Charles Migliore (RRPT)
>(Bartlett Rent-a-tech)

John Elliott
Team Leader (acting)
ESH-1 ER/D&D Health Physics Support Team
MS C339
665-7461