Foam for immobilizing foot/hand

Hi Radsafers,

I wonder if any of you medical types know of a foam product which would make a
"mold" of a hand or foot such that it could be repositioned exactly for a nuclear
medicine scan at a later date.

What I have in mind is a kind of "shaving cream" foam which would harden and form
a half-cast of the body part.  Then the foot or hand could be later placed in the
half-cast and be in exactly the same position under the gamma camera.

I am not sure if such a product or system exists, but I would appreciate names of
any suppliers or vendors.

Regards,
Wes
--
Wesley R. Van Pelt, Ph.D., CIH, CHP                KF2LG
President, Van Pelt Associates, Inc.