International Isotopes Achieves Major Milestone In Commercial Operation of LINAC

Friday May 14, 2:00 pm Eastern Time

Company Press Release

SOURCE: International Isotopes Inc

International Isotopes Achieves Major Milestone In Commercial
Operation of LINAC

- Upgraded Superconducting Super Collider LINAC Accelerates
Beam -

DENTON, Texas, May 14 /PRNewswire/ -- International Isotopes
Inc (Nasdaq: INIS - news; BSE: ITL - news; III), a contract
manufacturer of finished radiopharmaceuticals, producer of
radioisotopes, pharmaceutical grade radiochemicals and medical
devices, today announced final assembly and testing of the
upgraded LINAC obtained from the Superconducting Super Collider,
achieving the current operational objectives.

The upgraded LINAC is capable of irradiating six targets
simultaneously for the production of radioisotopes and
radiochemicals widely used in nuclear medicine for diagnosis and
therapy. These radioisotopes include Tl-201, I-123, In-111, Pd-103,
Ga-67, Co-57, Cu-67, Cu-64, Zn-62 and other research nuclides
which are used to satisfy a portion of the $170,000,000
radioisotope and radiochemical market. These radioisotopes are
the basis of the radiopharmaceutical industry and are used to
provide finished radiopharmaceuticals for the $900,000,000 nuclear
medicine diagnostic market.

``'The Phoenix has risen from the ashes.' The LINAC was taken
from the terminated Superconducting Super Collider program and
has been upgraded, installed and placed in operation. This major
portion of our business plan as set out in our IPO prospectus will
greatly enhance shareholder value, future revenues and earnings,''
stated Dr. Ira Lon Morgan Chairman and Treasurer.

``This event marks the achievement of another major objective for
the start of commercial operation of the LINAC toward the goal of
being a complete supplier of radioisotopes, radiochemicals,
finished radiopharmaceuticals and brachytherapy medical devices
needed for medical diagnostic and therapeutic applications,'' stated
Carl Seidel President & CEO.

``The achievement of this milestone is significant with respect to
the commercial production of radioisotopes and radiochemicals.
Our personnel has accomplished a monumental task in the
upgrade, installation, testing and commissioning of the LINAC
during the last seven months,'' stated Tommy Thompson,
Executive VP & COO.