Re: Atomic Train Farce

A couple of observations on this work of art. When prevailing winds
usually blow west to east, why would the authorities in the movie keep
stating that the population should evacuate to the east of the city?
Didn't anybody stop to think that even if there were a nuclear blast,
which would be very unlikely, the fallout would most likely be coming
down to the heaviest extent to the east of the city? Wouldn't it make
more sense to evacuate to the north or south of the city and stay in the
mountains for added protection? East of Denver is pretty flat. Also, why
the mention of biomedical waste being on the train? Was that just for
shock value? With the extremely small profit margins in the disposal of
medical waste, shipping it long distances is just not an option.

Sounds to me like this project was not researched enough prior to going
into production. On the other hand, it is ratings sweep time in
televisionland and I guess reality is not necessary to the head honchos
in the ivory towers of the networks. The only thing that matters to them
is the "bottom line".

Jim Bell
Adco Services, Inc.