Re: Atomic Train Farce

Jim,

You make my previous point. What you criticize the movie maker
for doing is exactly what WE do when we have emergency drills. In
Florida, the prevailing winds generally take whatever is released
towards the Atlantic. Yet in many scenarios, the plume is forced to
hit whichever city is the primary "target" based on which power
plant we're exercising. If it';s Turkey Point, the primary evacuation
zone includes Miami .. if it's the St. Luce Plant, the primary zone
includes Fort Pierce, Stuart or Port St. Lucie. As I already stated,
we're as guilty as are the movie producers.

Besides, in a movie there need not be all of the required
meteorological accuracy included, but in an emergency drill, I say
accuracy is a key element.

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205