Release Criteria for Heavy Equipment

To all HPs in the DOE world:

We are in the process of attempting to release several pieces of heavy equipment
for unrestricted use and are concerned with time and money factors (aren't we
all!).  I have the following questions for you:

1. Are any of you currently using surface criteria release limits greater than
DOE Order 5400.5 Table IV-1 values for any items (not just heavy equipment)?

2. If you have been approved to go above the Table IV-1 values, what process did
you go through and what, if any, resistance did you meet from regulators?

Thanks in advance for your war stories,

Elizabeth Algutifan,
Health Physicist
Weldon Spring Site Remedial Action Project
St. Charles, MO
Elizabeth_Algutifan@wssrap-host.wssrap.com