Re: Release Criteria for Heavy Equipment

Elizabeth,

I do not know of anyone going above the authorized limits to release
vehicles or equipment, but a statistically-based program was used in
Monticello, Utah for release of large numbers of vehicles.  There was a
poster about it at HPS a couple of years ago: "Radiological
Decontamination, Survey, and Statistical Release Method for Vehicles", June
1996.  Contact Jeff Lively for the handout and more info at
jeff.lively@gjpomail.doegjpo.com

There may be something there that can help you.

In addition to what Kelly said, you should also check the air filters and
intake manifold to determine if the engine innards are contaminated.

Phil Egidi
ORNL/GJ
7pe@ornl.gov