Re: Discrpancies among different dosimeters

At 10:10 AM 5/20/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Since the lower range is above 60 keV, I'd
>expect some variation, but not to the extent that the data
>demonstrates.

I agree with Sandy. Phosphors in general usually exhibit some energy
dependence, but they tend to do their best work with photons, and the range
given in the original post is one that should not present serious variations.

The original post did not state what the distance was from the xray device
to the dosimeters, but if the distance was short, small variations in
distance could cause significant variations in measured dose. Also, since
I'm not familiar with the xray device, let me pose another question: is it
reasonable to assume that the radiation field produced in a pulse is
uniform? That could be another contributor to the differences observed.