No Subject

from arthur@bartlettinc.com

we have used electronic dosimeters:  MG or SAIC PDE-4 with transmitters
in a plastic underwater camera case.

the advantage is that you know how your EDs respond vice your TLDs.

I have no idea what this means: "the advantage is that you know how your EDs respond vice your TLDs".

EDs don't tell you when they underrespond because of high dose rates, or if the radiation is underfoot, or if it is low energy photon related.  You must be simply noting that EDs are active and TLDs are passive.

I have to travel early tomorrow so I can't follow up on this until next week, but this did not answer the question of ED problems underwater as they relate to dose measurement.

Mike Lantz