Cleaning Iodine Therapy Patient Rooms

I'm sure this will disturb some people, but at our Cancer Treatment
Hospital, the Nuclear Medicine group has lost some techs due to cut-backs.
They do not have the time to decontaminate the therapy patient rooms after
each patient, and the suggestion has been made that we train housekeeping
staff to do this.

I have reservations on several points, but want to hear if anyone is
already successfully doing this, or alternatively, if they have tried it
and found that it didn't work.

Regards,

Chris Davey

 RSO / LSO  Cross Cancer Institute  11560 University Avenue
 Edmonton   Alberta   Canada  T6G 1Z2
 (780)  432-8616   fax 432-8615
 email: cdavey@med.phys.ualberta.ca
 pager number 005, just call (780)  432-8771 and ask for that pager