RE: Research on Radon

>I have a graduate student who is interested in
> defining a dissertation level research area dealing >with environmental
radon and it's impact, if any,
>on the biosphere or any other  sphere. He
> has a background in electrical engineering and the >radiation sciences.

Tom, should you wish to pursue it, you might get some interesting ideas from
any number of papers in Volumes 1 and 2 of "Natural Radiation Environment
III" DOE Symposium Series 51 CONF 780422, 1980.

Many of these papers fit rather nicely with your student's interests and
background.  For example, a number deal with the effect of radon and
atmospheric radioactivity on the atmospheric electric field and related
electrical activity (e.g., thunderstorms).

Neat stuff! Potential research material, who knows.

Paul Frame
Professional Training Programs
ORAU
framep@orau.gov