Re: I-131 and Customs

To avoid possible litigation, I will not be precise about the airports
involved.  The first time that I came upon an unattended security
station was in the northwest.  The other time was at a large local
airport.  At the local airport I couldn't even get anyone interested in
the situation.  I did a quick cost -- benefit study and got on the
plane.  I hasten to add that both experiences occurred several years
ago.

As for radiation detectors, considering the investment in x-ray
equipment and other security measures, a small NaI xtl at each security
station doesn't seem out of line -- especially in light of  the negative
impact of something like the I-131 event.

Just my opinion.

                                      Jack Bell, bellstar@erols.com