Re: I-131 and Customs

> I have seen security
> stations completely devoid of security personnel -- the "passengers"
> free to carry anything on the plane!

And where did you see this? In all of my travels, domestic and
international, I have never seen an entrance to an airliner that was
not security protected.

> When you realize that these security people are paid very little and get
> little training, it is not surprising that the system sometimes breaks
> down.

The system didn't break down, in my opinion. Do we really expect that
a small vial, packed, is going to be opened to determine its nature?
If we really believe that every bottle and package is going to be
inspected, no airliner will ever leave the airport.

> How was the passenger able to carry the I-131 past security and on to
> the plane?

I also don't expect that every security portal is going to have a
radiation detector. That is a ludicrous thought, in my opinion. A
little over-reaction to a small amount of radioactive material.

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205

              - G. K. Chesterton -