Re: Kosov DU - New Scientist Report

DU:

"there are no peer-reviewed published reports of detectable increases of
cancer or other negative health effects from radiation exposure to inhaled
or ingested natural uranium at levels far exceeding those likely in the
Gulf. This is mainly because the body is very effective at eliminating
ingested and inhaled natural uranium and because the low radioactivity per
unit mass of natural and depleted uranium means that the mass of uranium
needed for significant internal exposure is virtually impossible to obtain."

Strong words, I think we can all agree.  Even if it is a lot of DU, that
doesn't
necessarily mean a lot of risk for those involved.

As to the second portion of you message, the Rand report, which can be
found on
the web at

http://www.gulflink.osd.mil/library/randrep/du/cover.html

includes extensive discussions of chemical toxicity issues.