Re: Kosov DU - New Scientist Report

At 12:29 07.06.1999 -0500, you wrote:
>--------------49EC6BD0D50165FE8B5C8C7F
>
>290 tonnes of DU is a LOT of DU.  One can imagine many people inhaling
milligram
>quantities of fine DU dust when they are climbing in and around tanks
distroyed
>by DU shells.  Does anyone know of any credible studies to determine
whether the
>chemical toxicity of DU affected any American troops in the Gulf War?

Maybe there is anybody out there who knows about any credible study to
determine whether the chemical toxicity of DU affected not only American
troops, but also persons, maybe even civilians, of another nationality than
Americans????????? Maybe even Iraqui and Kuwaiti underdogs, not to talk
about troops of other countries who took part in the Kuwait war?

I still do not believe, that there was any impact to anybody, but to
distinguish between American troops and "the rest of the world" is
unacceptable in an international list like RADSAFE. Radiation protection is
something which has to be applied to every human being, regardless of
nationality, race, sex, status as military or civilian and so on.

This message is sent by - whom else than this Austrian philanthropic guy -

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Hofrat Dr. Franz Schönhofer
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department of Radiochemistry
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
Austria