RE: RADSAFE digest 2487

Rich Schoenig's message that was reposted to RadSafe yesterday has the
definitions for MDA and Lc switched.  MDA is the pre-determined sample activity
that could be detected with a specified false positive and a false negative
probability.  Lc is the decision level at which the null hypothesis (no activity
is present) is rejected.  Dan Strom and I have found these equations significant
underestimate the false positive rate, and Dan will be reporting on our findings
at the HPS meeting later this month.  Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend
due to a previous commitment.