RE: salem county health

Salem County has a large chemical production facility and is across the
Delaware River from many other ones.  It has a very high bladder and liver
cancer rate.  When I worked there, in one week, Salem Nuclear Generating
Station emitted a small amount of Xe-133 and the chemical plant had a
sulfuric acid explosion which was felt 4 miles away.  Guess which one made
CNN?  I had to make a concerted effort to find out what caused the
explosion.
Ellen
Hochheis@u.arizona.edu