tantalum-182 wire vendors

RADSAFERS:

A while back I asked for information for a researcher who wants to use
tantalum-182 wire implants to track toads in the wild. It required a license
amendment and, low and behold, the NRC granted it. Today the researcher
comes to me and asks where he can purchase Ta-182 wire. My first response
was, "I don't know. I thought you knew!" I guess he doesn't. We need to get
working on ordering the wire so they can use it this summer. I'm on my way
to Boston for the CRSO this weekend, so I'm short of time.

Does anyone out there know of a supplier of specialty radiation sources?
They want to implant about 100 uCi each in 10 toads.

Thanks a bunch.

Jim Herrold, Radiation Safety Officer
herrold@uwyo.edu

University of Wyoming