Re: Software for Source Inventory Control

Regarding the software for source inventory control.  I wrote a program
SOURCES that
put all of that information into a pretty simple database.  However, the
year 2000
is coming and will probably wipe that DOS program.

I started using Microsoft EXCEL as a tracking mechanism for our sources a
few months
ago and while it is tedious to set up, one thing is that the program has
been around
for quite a while and will be around for a lot longer.  In the scheme of
things that is
important.  This is my recommended method.  One of the things this
eliminates is the
learning curve to get what you want out of the data.

There are some programs available, CHAMPS comes to mind.  And I think there
are others.

One reason that I did not write a sequel to SOURCES was the increased cost
of Windows
based programming.  If there were enough people interested, I would love to
write the program
that would provide what we all need.  It just doesn't appear that there is
the needed interest.

Tom O'Dou
RAD*WARE
tom_dixie@msn.com