PS. population exposure/inverse attention relation

>Could someone explain to me why so much physicist effort, at
>least in the United States, is devoted to controlling occupational
>exposure to ionizing radiation while so little is directed toward
>reducing medical (including dental) exposure.

The rare and dramatic events often make better headlines than common killers
like heart disease. Sensational media (and their readers) are concerned
about what _may_ happen. Long ago I visited a department at one of our worst
such newspapers ("Expressen") where they wrote many scary stories about
quite unimportant health matters among most other selling topics. It was
quite illuminating - the environment was noisy (TV sports on at a loud
volume - I like sports - the point here is about the distraction), a few
beer cans here and there - coffee (much stronger here than in the U.S.) cups
all over - junk food packages - just very messy - many unusually overweight
people who probably never excercise except for going to work - _and_ very
heavy cigarette smoke. I can't recall any workplace where I saw that much of
exhaled dangers... Try to tell these people about health matters. Clearly my
personal reflections...

bjorn_cedervall@hotmail.com