Re: PS. population exposure/inverse attention relation

Strange - I had sent another somewhat longer message before the "PS" (above)
about the connection between media selection, politics and the need for
continuous radiation/health physics education at all more public levels. One
point was about teaching where radioactivity occurs naturally and also about
all the beneficial uses of radiation/radioactivity. This is a well known
subject to most of us here. As a summary: Much of the answer to the original
question regarding focus on nuclear power etc rather than on diagnostic
X-rays has to do with information and risk perception.
Technically (my lost file): It has happened before that a file that I have
sent to Radsafers (as well as other Radsafers' texts) shows up after a week
or so. Therefore - don't be surprised if a message similar to this but more
developed eventually appears here.

bjorn_cedervall@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/Exchange/8256/
Any opinions expressed above are those of mine and may not necessarily
coincide with those of others.