Re: Trying to find a Video Tape

In a message dated 7/8/99 8:27:28 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
anastasg@facmgmtserver.fm.csus.edu writes:

<< Newell recalls that the USPHS Bureau of Radiological Health
 produced 15-20 video tapes in the late 1970s titled "Vignettes  of
 Early Radiation Workers".  Lauriston Taylor interviewed a number of
 persons, one of the persons he interviewed was Newell Stannard.

 Dr. Stannard would like to view a copy of his interview.  If you
 have a copy I can borrow or know where I can borrow/purchase  a
 copy, please contact me by e-mail at anastas@csus.edu, no need to
 clutter the bandwidth.

 Thank you for your assistance.

Since this may be of general interest, I will respond to the List first.
There were 25 such interviews conducted between 7/11/77 and 11/07/79.  Newell
Stannard's was #20 on 6/09/78.  A complete set in 3/4 inch format was turned
over to the AAPM & AIP Archives (AIP Center for the History of Physics)
several years ago.  I understand that the Countway Library has a complete set
(1 inch format?) as well as the American College of Radiology (VHS format).
I also have a complete set in VHS format, third generation copies.  I will
gladly provide Newell a copy of his interview.  Incidentally, the idea for
conducting those videotaped interviews originated with John Villforth,
directory of BRH at that time,  during the NCRP's farewell testimonial dinner
for Lauriston Taylor when he retired as the first NCRP president.

	It also may be of interest to the List, that the AAPM History
Committee had conducted some 99 videotaped interviews so far of senior
medical physicists (including a number of medical health physicists) during
the past 9 years.  These interviews (shot with multiple cameras) will be
edited and converted to digital format for placement in the AAPM Archives.

	I understand that the HPS History Committee also is beginning to
conduct such interviews.  Contact Sydney Porter for details.

	Bob Gorson (orion1111@aol.com)