Re: De-watering system

Fermi 2 uses the Chem Nuclear, "Rapid Dewatering System" (RDS).  This
assures
sufficient water removal to meet burial site requirements.  It does NOT
provide the stability required for Class B or Class C waste. To assure this,
we dewater the resin in a Chem Nuclear, High Integrity Container (HIC).
Also
note that Barnwell requires stability for some Class A waste.  We process
all
resin in HIC's as a good practice.

I'm curious:  How does an accelerator generate contaminated resin?

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com