RE: Subject: RE: Nuclear Laundry; Mindset of Anti's

The INS people gave a talk to the local HPS chapter last year.  I didn't
take notes, so I don't remember the details, but there was a lot more behind
the accusations of leaks than "concerned citizens,"  including a disgruntled
former employee.  The attitude of the City of Santa Fe toward the laundry
has been ambivalent.  Moreover, there is no excuse, no matter how
"concerned" the "citizen" for the ordinance passed by Santa Fe.  It is
unrealistic, unworkable,and discriminatory.

The legal system is adversarial.  Once an issue is in the legal system,
sides harden.  I have done a lot  of expert witness work, and both sides
communicated only formally, once we get into court.

Clearly only my own opinion.

Ruth F. Weiner, Ph. D.
Sandia National Laboratories
MS 0718, POB 5800