Re: RMTP & D Course In Los Alamos Tour Guide

If any of the people that I have worked with in the last 10 years to ship
your PuBe sources to Los Alamos (before the PuBe Recovery Program was shut
down Oct. 98), attend this class, please look me up.  I will be glad to be
your tour guide of our beautiful town and mountains.

Sherry Jones

>Well, I've really done it.  Let my errors serve as a notable event and
>lesson learned.  Basically, read instructions before use.  Follow the
>rules.  Do not post encoded messages to the Radsafe listserver. I will
>attempt to post this course announcement for a final time.  My apologies
>to Melissa, fellow radsafers and radsafer-advisors.  Hope I got it right.
>I am out of flame retardant PPE.
>
>Invitation to Attend:
>Radioactive Materials: Transportation, Packaging, and Disposal Training
>When:  August 3-6, 1999, 8:00am-4:30pm Tues-Thurs, 8:00am-1:00pm Friday
>Where: Los Alamos, NM
>Seating: Attendance is limited to the first ten registrants
>Course Description:
>A four-day course that meets the initial training and periodic retraining
>requirements found in USNRC Information Bulletin 79-19 and 49 CFR 172,
>Subpart H, for personnel involved with shipping radioactive materials.
>In-class exercises focus on tasks routinely performed by radioactive
>materials shipping personnel.  Practice exercises include determining type
>quantities and subtypes, classifying waste containing long and short-lived
>radionuclides, and labeling, placarding, and marking exercises.
>Course Materials:
>Course Manual (including practice problems and solutions), 49 CFR 100-177,
>applicable excerpts from 49 CFR 178-199 and 10 CFR 20, 10 CFR 61, and 10
>CFR 71. Participants should bring note-taking materials and a scientific
>calculator to the session.
>The AAHP awards course attendees 32 Continuing Education Credits (CECs)
>toward maintenance of the CHP credential (AAHP Course Number 96-00-022).
>Contact Troy Eshleman at eshleman@gtsduratek.com or 505-661-6621.
>
>Whew.
>
>!
>!