Re: Alpha Self-Absorption Factor

Hello All
     I am posting the following question for a friend not on Radsafe.
You can contact Dan at Point Beach directly, if desired, at  (920)
755-7123 or e-mail him at dan.shannon@wemail.wisenergy.com

Thank You

Tim Martinson
Health Physics Group
Kewaunee Nuclear
(920) 388-8345
tmartin@wpsr.com

>>> "Daniel DJS Shannon" <DAN.SHANNON@wemail.wisenergy.com> 07/15 3:18
PM >>>
Item for posting on RADSAFE:

I am looking for information related to the development/basis of an
alpha
self-absorption factor for use when counting smears and air sample
filters.
Our facility currently uses 1.43 as the self-absorption factor but I
have not
been able to establish the basis.  If you have procedures/information
related
to this topic please let me know.  Thank you

Dan Shannon
Point Beach Nuclear Plant