Tritium in Soil

Is anybody aware of studies related to tritium concentrations in soil
moisture in the Hawaiian Islands?  We recently took soil samples on and
around a remote test site that we have on the island of Kauai, and are
interested in some background data for comparison.  The tritium levels were
fairly consistent between the on-site and off-site samples.  However,
because of the small size of the island, it is difficult to claim that our
off-site samples are truly background.  The concentrations were higher than
we see here in New Mexico, which may not mean anything other than they had
more fallout/rainout from atmospheric testing.  I just don't have any
evidence in hand to back it up.

Thanks in advance - and please respond to me directly.  I can post the final
conclusion on Radsafe (if there is one to be made).