RE: Tooth Fairy Project Presenting Findings at Ottawa

> Willison, James[SMTP:WillisonJ@ttnus.com] wrote on Tuesday, July 27, 1999
> 9:45 AM
>
> I agree with you that since the suspension of atmospheric testing by the
> US and USSR in 1963, their effect on current Sr-90 in the environment is
> not plausible.
<><><><><><><><><>

....I'm confused - I thought that Dr. Schoenhofer's point was that since
"the Sr-90 content will depend on the nutrition of the mother and even to
some extent on the Sr-90 content of her skeleton - if she breast-feeds the
baby,"  then it doesn't matter that much that the bomb testing has stopped
30 years ago, because the baby might be getting Sr-90 from the source in its
mother, who acquired the contamination decades ago (as opposed to getting it
from the CURRENT environment/NPPs as claimed by the Tooth Fairy Project
authors).
I think Dr. Schoenhofer's other point was that either way, the contamination
is so puny that its of no consequence to human health ( "I categorically
refuse such speculations... that the actual environmental contamination by
Sr-90 could be a cause of health problems").

...or did I miss something ?

thanks,

Jaro
frantaj@aecl.ca