Re: Radioactivity in sewer sludge

High Plains Drifter wrote:

> Zack Clayton wrote:
> > This may be true in some cases,  but it seemed in Ohio that every time the NRC made noise about enforcing discharge criteria from Advanced Medical Systems....... and the issues seemed to go away.  The discharges didn't change, but there seemed to be a lack of will to force the issue.
> > So in this case, it's true that the regulators can crack down, but can also chose not to for some reason.
>
> Zack, maybe the regulators determined that the releases were
> ALARA and that no significant risk was involved that would
> warrant causing a company to go into bankruptcy.  It seems
> that it was the Ohio EPA that thought there was a
> significant risk and forced more action.

Seems unlikely they "thought" there was "significant risk" from what a
measureable Co-60 would contribute to a dose, more likely just another
bureaucratic exercise to kill somebody (for political gain - see we're
needed to protect the world - been there, not done that :-).

> High Plains Drifter
> magna1@jps.net

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
muckerheide@mediaone.net