RE: Californium

Recently I had to do some digging, some of which involved Californium source
output. Here it is for whatever it is worth

Californium - 252

Decay Modes

Alpha Emission

     Yield - 0.96
     Half- Life - 2.62 y
     Energy - all alphas are greater than 5.98 MeV

Spontaneous Fission

     Yield - 0.0309
     Half - Life  -  85.5 y
     Neutron / fission  -  3.74
     Fission / sec / microgram  -  6.15 E 5
     Neutron / sec/ microgram  -  2.3 E 6

"Effective" Half Life

     2.54 years

Dose and Dose Equivalent Rates from 1 gram

     Neutrons  1.97 E 7  n / cm**2 /s

               280 rad / h

               2400 rem / h

     Photons        1.1E 8  Photons/ cm**2 / h

               140 rad / h

               140 rem / h

     Total          2540 rem  / h  / g