Re: Are Portal Monitors Required?

At my former NPP, we installed portal monitors at the main exit in response
to the "hot particle" problem.  We wanted to be sure that some particle that
did not show up on a WB frisk did not walk home at night.  Also a good way
to check for "rad room" tools that could be "inadvertently" taken home in a
lunchpail.

There could be other reasons related to multiple RCA exit points, etc.

arthur@bartlettinc.com