Re: Intentional Use of Radionuclides for Harm

My two cents worth.

I think we should revisit the idea that we must continue educating the public
(Implication - If they were not so ignorant, they would be on our side of
whatever the issue is, because we are the smart ones).  The fact is, most
polls indicate that the public supports nuclear power (our most
publicity-prone activity).  So, it seems the majority of public understands
the risk and accepts it.  But, we are not controlled by the majority, but a
small minority.  It is not a matter of education, it's changing the way we
(as a society) make decisions.  That is a political issue, not an education
issue.  The change will occur when the diseases stop being cured, supplies
stop being sterilized, and the lights go out.

Lew LaGarde
No Glorious Title or Credentials