S. African, Australian mining information, radon

I am trying to help a company that purchases ore materials from South
African and Australian mining companies.  They have asked me to help them
find out if certain information is normally kept by such firms.
Specifically, they'd like to be able to find out the following:

	U-238 and Ra-226 concentrations in raw materials (or total U and Ra)
	Radiation levels on contact with extracted ores
	Average radiation dose to workers at the mines

They are first trying to find out if such records are required to be
maintained by the mining companies.  If so, then they will request this
information from their suppliers.  If not, they will have to run some
samples, an option that they would prefer to avoid because of the time and
expense.

I am also trying to find sources of information about the EPERM radon
monitors and recommendations for radon standards outside the US.  I am just
not that familiar with radon, unfortunately.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions anyone could make.  Please
respond off-list if you think the information would not be of general
interest.  I can always post a summary later.

Sincerely,

Andy

Andrew Karam, CHP              (716) 275-1473 (voice)
Radiation Safety Officer          (716) 275-3781 (office)
University of Rochester           (716) 256-0365 (fax)
601 Elmwood Ave. Box HPH   Rochester, NY  14642

Andrew_Karam@URMC.Rochester.edu
http://Intranet.urmc.rochester.edu/RadiationSafety

There is no Chase so pleasant, methinks, as to drive a Thought, by good
conduct, from one end of the World to the other; and never to lose sight
of it till it fall into Eternity, where all things are lost as to our
knowledge.  T. Burnet, The Theory of the Earth, 1697