Insulting postings on RADSAFE

Congratulations to Roger Fenner of Tennessee for his on-target comment
on the use of RADSAFE to insult people.  Abusive diatribes would not be
tolerated if they were directed to another RADSAFE subscriber; why
should it be open season when they are directed at NRC staff and
Commissioners, named or unnamed?  Abuse is abuse, no matter what the
qualifications of the writer.
    I would suggest that if a message arrives for posting that is part
rational discourse and part abuse, it should be returned to the
submitter for appropriate editing and resubmission.  This would actually
do the submitter a favor, for it is hard to take seriously the views of
someone whose message includes such inappropriate elements.
    For the record, I work for the NRC; this is my private opinion,
written from home.
     Peter Crane
     pgcrane@erols.com