Re: medical misadministration of I-131

Thanks be to Dr Marcus for taking the time to write us such a lucid, and
informative, little monograph on QA in therapeutic nuclear medicine. I hope
that the folks who haven't had much direct involvement with the field will
take her message very much to heart. Based on my own (by comparison)
limited experience, I agree that, when the authorized user is a BC/BE
nuclear physician, and when she/he is physically present during the
administrations of the doses, the incidence of misadministrations drops to
effectively nil.

We should also give her a round of applause for her receipt of the 1999
Distinguished Service Award from the Society of Nuclear Medicine. From this
hp's POV, there's no one more deserving.

cja
alstonc@odrge.odr.georgetown.edu

P.S. I'm quite sure that the regulatory authorities have built up a
considerable callous, by now, to protect themselves from a certain
laser-like infrared radiation, which is frequently directed at them, from
Harbor-UCLA.