Re: Uranium: ClF3, T.C.E. & P.C.E - French abbreviations

Bjorn,

If I recall correctly, ClF(subscript: 3) is carbon trifluoride, which has been
used to remove deposits of uranium from process (enrichment) equipment.  I think
it works by reacting with the uranium deposit converting the uranium to UF
(subscript: 6), then the UF(subscript: 6) can be recovered.

Kyle Kleinhans
kkleinhans@fwenc.com

"Bjorn Cedervall" <bcradsafers@hotmail.com> on 08/20/99 03:57:00 AM

Please respond to radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu