Re: Medical Physics Reference Questions

Peter Vernig wrote:
****************
Group,
I have been given two AAPM references for published protocols of acceptance
testing for treatment planning computers.

AAPM Task Group 53 Report, "Quality Assurance for Clinical Radiotherapy
Treatment Planning", Medical Physics 25 (10) p 1773=1829, October 1998 and

AAPM Task Group 43 Report title wasn't given, Medical Physics, p209 - 234,
1995

Can anybody tell me if both are valid or does the more recent supercede the
older one?

Can anybody give me a reference for a procedure or protocol to establish
brachytherapy source strength?
*************
The second report title is:
"Medical Physics, Volume 22, No. 2 ~1995!, Pages 209-234

Dosimetry of interstitial brachytherapy sources:
Recommendations of the AAPM Radiation Therapy
Committee Task Group No. 43

Ravinder Nath, Lowell L. Anderson, Gary Luxton, Keith A. Weaver,
Jeffrey F. Williamson, and Ali S. Meigooni

INDEXING TERMS: RADIOTHERAPY, RADIATION SOURCE IMPLANTS,
RECOMMENDATIONS, DOSIMETRY, DOSE RATES, IODINE 125,
IRIDIUM 192, PALLADIUM 103

I hope this helps, since it sounds like what you are looking for.

-- John

"A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five."
Groucho Marx

John Jacobus, MS
Health Physicist
National Institutes of Health
Radiation Safety Branch, Building 21
21 Wilson Drive, MSC 6780
Bethesda, MD  20892-6780
Phone: 301-496-5774      Fax: 301-496-3544
jjacobus@exchange.nih.gov (W)
jenday@ix.netcom.com (H)