Personnel Contamination Events

I recently attended the EPRI PCE Workshop in San Jose, CA.  I am curious
about utility industry response to a proposed change in our tracking and
trending of personnel contaminations at nuclear power plants.  Currently, we
all track PCEs at different levels and have different levels of response.
The new draft for the EPRI PCE guideline may recommend an industry tracking
level of 5000 ccpm (as measured with a 'pancake' GM probe).  This level
corresponds to 50,000 dpm at most utilities using a standard 10% efficiency.
Detectable contamination levels on personnel may require trending by use of a
logbook or similar.  Whenever possible, detectable contamination from
by-product materials would be decontaminated prior to release of the
individual.  This standardization is seen as the first step in developing a
risk based system that would take other factors into account during
contamination control job planning such as heat stress and other industrial
hazards.  Any opinions?

Dan Doggett, RP Field Ops Supv.
Dresden Station/Morris, IL
Ddogg76615@aol.com