Stainless Steel D&D

Radsafers,

I am involved in a project that uses an industrial power washer to clean
contaminated items. As this machine most likely will be contaminated with
transuranics, D&D issues have obviously been discussed. Other issues
include a high water pressure and temperature environment with caustic
water/soaps.  While considering the purchase of a new washer, an item of
construction came up. Should the washer be constructed of normal steel or
stainless steel (SS)?  Although I'd like to recommend SS for future
decontamination purposes, that option represents a significant cost
increase and the user would like to know if the stainless steel is worth
it. To buttress my argument, I am looking for references that show D&D
characteristics of steel and/or associated D&D costs. Any assistance with
references would be appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,
erik