RE: Evidence of internal contamination in Paducah, KY

Ray Carroll wrote:
------------------------------

John,

In addition to Ron Kathern's reply you might also want to see the one just
posted by Lawrence Grimm.  Both were good replies.

If you aren't famaliar with Alice Stewart there are many Radsafers that can
give you more information in private correspondence.

Thanks for raising the question.

Ray Carroll
270-441-6944
carrollrg@pgdp.usec.com

------------------------------
I am familiar with Alice Stewart positions and how many on Radsafe feel about
her and others whose names are frequently in the news.  Her interest and
comments are not the basis of my comment.  (However, I do not think we should
ignore or negate any of her comments, because they could be right in this
instance.)  My questions are still based on the numbers and reliability of the
data.  Is it possibility that the situation at Paducah did result in harm to the
workers?   Was the trust of the workers betrayed, or were the "intakes"
inconsequential to there present health?

-- John

The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend.
--Henri Bergson

John Jacobus, MS
Health Physicist
National Institutes of Health
Radiation Safety Branch, Building 21
21 Wilson Drive, MSC 6780
Bethesda, MD  20892-6780
Phone: 301-496-5774      Fax: 301-496-3544
jjacobus@exchange.nih.gov (W)
jenday@ix.netcom.com (H)