"Qigong" of Old, Revisited

Hi All,

        Changing halflives minutely (in the range of 1E-3 to 1E-4) is
very old hat!  This was done at the Physics Department of the
University of Basel and elsewhere in the middle fifties or so.
        It is quite simple: K-capture depends on the electron density
at the location of the nucleus; and the easiest way is to take a gold-
isotope, -- and I forget which -- and change its chemical form from
gold to gold oxide, and -- lo, and behold --  the halflife does
change because the electron density at the nucleus changes. Small
changes, but they are real.  And they were demonstrated for quite
a number of isotopes.  For anybody interested in finding a paper,
one of the authors, sure to be on the author list of the papers on the
subject, published probably in Helvetica Physica Acta, is my teacher
Paul Huber who was quite fascinated with the ability to change
halflives by a simple chemical process.
        I bet, the CHP-makers don't know that, and they would be
wrong for faulting anybody on changing halflives.  Change the
halflife, that is something you can do!  No qigong needed!!  But
then if that were to work, and without chemical reaction too......

With amused regards

Fritz

**************************

NOTE CHANGE OF ADDRESS