Re: CHP study materials

(I haven't read all the previous messages regarding this subject, so sorry if
I've repeated someone elses suggestions.)

One book I used which I found very useful for Part I and II was "Ionizing
Radiation:  Protection and Dosimetry" Edited by Guy Paic, a CRC Press book.  Its
cram-packed with useful equations, has lots of easy to understand definitions,
and covers most of the traditional topics you'll need - all in 233 pages.

For Part II, the study courses are okay (I took the Ken Skrable study course) ,
but from my experience, the best way to study is to collect numerous previous
tests and separate them by subject (i.e., shielding, neutron activation,
internal dosimetry, etc.).  Then do all the questions on the same subject and
you'll see a pattern in the way the questions are intended to be approached.
You'll also see the same equations used over and over.  Once you've got the
approach down, you can move onto the next subject.  I also created flash cards
for the most useful equations on each subject.  I believe I had about 10 years
worth of tests (the most useful part about the study course), and grouped the
questions into about 12 different subjects.  I spent about 8 hours grouping
them, and another 40 hours studying.  Using this approach, I had few problems on
the test.

Hope this is helpful.