Re[2]: CHP study materials

>>I agree that calculus is not necessary for part 1 (although it's been quite
some time since I took it so my memory may be faulty), but for an
occasional question on part 2 it is certainly necessary.  Approximations
work in some cases, but not always.<<

Liz is right. And besides, since the ABHP now requires a B.S. in a scientific
field for candidates, there shouldn't be any excuse for not understanding basic
calculus. I remember one of my professors saying that although the memory can
often be faulty, if you can do the derivations, you'll always have a better
understanding of the equations and their applicability to a problem. I
personally feel much more comfortable with the validity of an equation if I've
gone through its development prior to applying it. Derivation, not memorization!

Elizabeth Algutifan
Elizabeth_Algutifan@wssrap-host.wssrap.com